Monday, August 3, 2009

Installing AdventureFEA on Ubuntu (Intrepid) 9.04 32bit

After more than 2 years I am attempting to install on an Intel QuadCore Ubuntu 9.04 32bit running in a VirtualBox, since I do not want to mess up my existing OS (Ubuntu 8.04 64bit).

Thanks to Alex (See: http://caejournal.com/adventure-fea-system-in-debian-lenny-t-156.html) and notes by Prof. Ogino (See: http://cm.mech.kyushu-u.ac.jp/~ogino/adv_on_suse11.html) I have compiled all but one of the 20 modules successfully except:

AdvVisual

1. If anybody has clues or patches to compile AdvVisual using a newer compiler (higher than gcc-2.95 and preferably gcc-4.0+) please speak up or post your notes in this blog or email me at the email shown on the left panel. I have made some modifications for the migration from gcc-2.95 to gcc-4.3 but still have some compile errors. At least I have managed to reduce the number which might be progress! When I have succeeded (at least with AdvVisual) I will post detailed instructions like the ones I have posted for the Ubuntu 7.04 installation.

-JMB

No comments: